THE EXECUTIVE PROTECTION ACADEMY (EPA-301)
Executive protection professionals today face a myriad of challenging global threats. This asymmetrical environment creates the need for highly trained, professional executive protection practitioners who possess the leadership, technical, and communication skills to effectively safeguard their respective Principal(s).
The 13-day/104-plus hour Executive Protection Academy™ (EPA-301) delivers instruction on critical executive protection skills with unmatched relevance and unparalleled depth. This academy was designed to deliver a comprehensive blend of both soft and hard executive protection skills for professionals of all experience levels, including entry-level, novice, and seasoned practitioners currently protecting Fortune 500 principals, UHNW individuals, and public figures.
This unique, modular academy is delivered via a hybrid combination of live, instructor-led instruction, challenging field exercises, and web-based/online components. The academy culminates with a capstone full-mission-profile Situational Training Exercise (STX) in which students will be evaluated on the entire spectrum of skills encompassed by the curriculum.
Participants will receive dynamic instruction from real-world, operationally experienced instructors with decades of combined executive protection service in both domestic and international environments.
Training Format & Prerequisites
Those who operate at the forefront of the executive protection industry place a high value on time—and know how challenging it can be to schedule extended periods for training. The modular format of this academy provides students with the option of attending all, one, or a combination of the six courses which comprise the Executive Protection Academy within a 12-month period.
Successful completion of the six courses (enumerated below) is required to receive the Executive Protection Academy™ (EPA-301) Certificate of Qualification. Courses are delivered consecutively during the Executive Protection Academy™ (EPA-301), and are also available as stand-alone courses throughout the year.
THE EXECUTIVE PROTECTION ACADEMY™ (EPA-301):
- 1-day/8-instructor contact hours
TACTICAL EMERGENCY CASUALTY CARE (TEC-201)
- 1-day/8-instructor contact hours
EXECUTIVE PROTECTION HANDGUN (HGN-201)
- 1-day/8 instructor contact hours
DEFENSIVE TACTICS & USE OF FORCE (DTC-201)
- 2-days/16 instructor contact hours
EXECUTIVE PROTECTION TRAINING PROGRAM (EPT-201)
- 5-days/40 instructor contact hours
WATERBORNE SAFETY OPERATIONS (WSO-201)
- 3-days/24 instructor contact hours
The Executive Protection Training Program focuses on skills and concepts which translate directly to corporate and UHNW protection environments. Students will develop competence and confidence in their skills through a blended, building-block approach. Ultimately, this program is designed to equip successful students for the central mission of every true executive protection professional: Keeping Clients Safe, Happy and Productive®.
Who Should Attend?
This training program is open to both public and private sector professionals, including federal, state, and local government; military; veteran; public safety (police, fire, EMS); and private security personnel. Allied Universal Executive Protection and Intelligence Services champions diversity in the executive protection industry and encourages qualified individuals of all backgrounds to apply. Successful graduates of this instructor-led training program will be thoroughly qualified to lead, plan, coordinate, and conduct executive protection operations under various environmental conditions while operating as a member of a single or multi-agent executive protection detail.
Topics of instruction include, but are not limited to, the following:
- History and mission of executive protection
- Agent conduct, wellness, and daily best practices
- Legal and ethical considerations
- Organization of the protective detail
- Concepts of security and protective rings
- Executive protection arrivals
- Executive protection departures
- Motorcade operations and security driving
- Walking coverage
- Protective intelligence
- Advance planning
- Site surveys
- Technology, communications, and specialized equipment
- NAEMT Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (Certified by the National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians)
- Attack on principal and non-emergency threat response
- Modes of transportation
- Executive protection driving and vehicle dynamics
- Executive protection handgun
- Defensive tactics and use of force
- Waterborne safety operations
- Other related subject matter
- Please note that your seat will not be reserved until tuition is received. Tuition is refundable up to 30 days prior to training. Due to the sensitive nature of this program all applications are subject to review and vetting. Should any concerns arise in reference to your application you will be contacted by our training management team.
- Participants are responsible for their own travel, accommodations, and personal insurance (if desired). Accepted applicants will be notified as early as possible to allow ample time for arrangements and reservations.
- Allied Universal Executive Protection and Intelligence Services employees approved to attend this training may do so free of charge. If you’ve received approval to attend this training via your chain of command, please REGISTER and select the PAY LATER OR PAY OFFLINE option at checkout. Tuition will be waived after confirmation with the Director of Operations.
- If you have questions about the Executive Protection Academy™, prerequisites, or other training opportunities, please send us an email.
- For questions about this course, please email Sam Bruce, Deputy Director of Training Operations, at email@example.com.
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
- Participants will have their temperatures checked prior to training.
- Regardless of symptoms, participants should not attend if they are feeling unwell, or if they have been exposed to anyone who has tested positive or exhibited symptoms of COVID-19 within the previous 14 days.
- Social distancing guidelines must be followed whenever possible. All participants should maintain a distance of 6 feet from others except as necessary for specific training scenarios.
- All participants will wear face coverings whenever possible.
- All participants must wash hands frequently and should utilize hand sanitizer regularly. Sanitizer will be provided.
- Please direct any questions or concerns regarding these safety measures to the lead instructor.
- Sam Bruce